Summer Music Workshops | 16-20 July & 24-26 July 2018 | Ages 4-12
Children participate in a number of Musical Enrichment projects, develop drumming skills, perform a wide variety of traditional and unusual instruments, for example, djembe, crotales, bassoon, trombone, piano, glockenspiels, drum kit, electric guitar, acoustic guitar with amp. Songs from around the world from Traditional, Classical, Jazz, African and international influence and song composition. Full programme to be confirmed and published during the Summer Term.
- 4 year olds 9.00am-1.00pm £75 per day
- 5-12 year olds 9.00am-4.00pm £95 per day
- Choose individual days to suit
- We accept childcare vouchers in lieu of workshop fees
- Venue The Hall of Remembrance, Flood Street, Chelsea SW3 5SY
- Please feel free to contact us for further information
Musical Enrichment Programme
The Chelsea Quavers’ Musical Enrichment Programme has been developed to deliver a broader musical education beyond the relative limitations of the school curriculum.
Unique Individual-Focused Tuition for Complete Beginners to Grade 5 & beyond
Chelsea Quavers prides itself on providing individually-focused tuition to cater for all levels of ability and experience within the Workshop environment. Every activity is tailored to suit a variety of age groups and abilities from the complete beginner to Grade 5 and beyond. We prepare pupils for ABRSM examinations and offer revision and tuition as part of the workshops for those pupils sitting exams.
Small Tutor Groups enhance individual attention and accelerated progress
Each of our talented and experienced Tutors is dedicated to a group of no more than six pupils. This enables each child to progress at his/her own pace and enjoy an unrivalled amount of 1:1 attention. We are committed to building and developing close relationships with our pupils and families. Many of our Tutors have been with us since Chelsea Quavers Music School first opened its doors five years ago, and we take pride in maintaining a friendly, professional and supportive environment.
Learn to Read & Write music!
At all of our Workshops, all children are taught to read and write music, develop essential aural skills, experience the joy of ensemble performance, sing and engage in rhythmic & melodic reading. Children are encouraged to identify and develop skills to the best of their ability.
- Children from the age of 4 upwards learn from a colourful, fun and creative series of the highly acclaimed Chelsea Quavers’ Music Puzzles, and for the older, more experienced pupils, we teach the ABRSM Theory syllabus for all Grades. Whether your child is currently studying, or is a complete beginner to music, Chelsea Quavers specialises in encouraging and enabling every individual to perform beyond their own expectations – and to develop skills they didn’t even know they had!
For those children that learn an instrument there are plenty of opportunities for them to perform solos or to play as part of an ensemble with our talented Tutors!
All Abilities Age 4-12
We cater for all abilities from complete beginner to experienced young musicians up to Grade 5 Practical and Theory and beyond. All children are taught in small groups of no more than six to one Tutor and every child is taught at his/her own level.
Chelsea Quavers is one of the best holiday clubs in London.
Mother of a Dubai-based family
We are eternally grateful for Chelsea Quavers for sparking a well of endless curiosity & love of music in our son, and I most highly recommend it to anyone seeking an exceptional musical education for their children.
Hila Plittman, Grammy award-winning soprano
Our son has attended every workshop since 2017 and we always book our holidays around the workshops!
Mum of 9 year old