Ages 4-13 open to all
We are delighted to announce that we are running another music competition for children aged between 4 and 13 this Easter. The competition is open to members and non-members of Chelsea Quavers Music School. Entrants can select between one and three projects within their category.
Juniors Category (pre Grade 1)
- A drawing of musical instruments
- Taking inspiration from the Chelsea Quavers Music Puzzles, create your own page of puzzles
- Perform a song or piece of music (please submit audio file)
Seniors Category (Grades 1-5)
- Song Writing – using your own lyrics write a song. Harmonising the melody will earn extra points, as will performing (please submit audio file if performing)
- Instrumental Composition – compose a piece of music for any instrument (this includes percussion instruments). Performing will earn extra points (please submit audio file if performing)
- Create a collage or picture inspired by (a) orchestral instruments (b) composers or (c) a musical topic of your choice
- Learn and perform a new piece of music (please submit audio file)
Advanced Category ABRSM (Grade 6)
- Any of the above from the Seniors Category
- Harmonise a well-known melody in the style of J S Bach
Please submit all entries to our Principal, Claire Meyer, to email@example.com by Monday 29th April.
Winners in each category will receive a gold presentation cup and a box of beautiful personalised pencils. Winners to be announce during the second week of the Summer Term.