Ages 4-13 open to all
Seniors Category 1st prize Megan (Eaton Square School)
Seniors Category highly commended Harvey (Eaton Square School)
Juniors Category 1st prize Charlotte (Saturday Music Club)
We are delighted to announce that we are running another music competition for children aged between 4 and 13 this Easter. The competition is open to members and non-members of Chelsea Quavers Music School. Entrants can select between one and three projects within their category.
Juniors Category (pre Grade 1)
- A drawing of musical instruments
- Taking inspiration from the Chelsea Quavers Music Puzzles, create your own page of puzzles
- Perform a song or piece of music (please submit audio file)
Seniors Category (Grades 1-5)
- Song Writing – using your own lyrics write a song. Harmonising the melody will earn extra points, as will performing (please submit audio file if performing)
- Instrumental Composition – compose a piece of music for any instrument (this includes percussion instruments). Performing will earn extra points (please submit audio file if performing)
- Create a collage or picture inspired by (a) orchestral instruments (b) composers or (c) a musical topic of your choice
- Learn and perform a new piece of music (please submit audio file)
Advanced Category ABRSM (Grade 6)
- Any of the above from the Seniors Category
- Harmonise a well-known melody in the style of J S Bach
Please submit all entries to our Principal, Claire Meyer, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 29th April.
Winners in each category will receive a gold presentation cup and a box of beautiful personalised pencils. Winners to be announce during the second week of the Summer Term.